Research. This is tedious at times, yet tremendously important. Methods of research will vary, but the accuracy and amount of information you gather can directly increase your credibility.
- Seeking information from all available resources, both in the wild (information that is public) and otherwise (I’ll leave the interpretation up to you), and following all leads to and from each source – be thorough. Learn to use** search engines, social networking sites, SET, etc. Digging through trash, well, that’s up to you.
- Recording the data, not just remembering.
- Organizing the raw data into coherent information.
- This is also a good time for character study: learn the lingo and mannerisms, if needed.
- All this should lead you to the easiest way to achieve your goal.
Innocuous information is seldom so. You never know when throwing out the name of someone’s dog will be the key that opens the lock.
BTW, don’t break the law. That’s bad – just saying.
**There is a distinct difference between ‘use’ and ‘participate’ and I mean use.